Reducing a Price Point While Improving Ergonomics
Dr. Pepper Snapple Group is a leading beverage company in North America, which provides over 50 brands of carbonated soft drinks, teas, and other premium beverages. Our challenge was to help reduce the price point and improve the ergonomics of the Hawaiian Punch packaging.
Dr. Pepper Snapple Group is a leading beverage company in North America, which provides over 50 brands of carbonated soft drinks, teas, water, juices, and other premium beverages.
Hawaiian Punch, one of the company’s leading juice drinks, needed to reduce the price point for their package. PTI was approached to develop a new container that was lighter, stronger, and less expensive in its secondary packaging, as well as developing improved package ergonomics for the family-friendly brand.
PTI used Finite Element Analysis to light weight the package and provide a more ergonomic grip. PTI was able to lightweight the package by 20% and instead of losing performance, the bottle was also made 40% stronger with the new design. Another reason PTI was the chosen partner of choice was because the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group wanted to own the design at the completion of the project.
- Allowed Dr. Pepper Snapple Group to reduce the price point for the package.
- The new container was lighter, stronger, and more economical to produce.
- This project was a great success because the reduced price point allowed Dr. Pepper Snapple Group to expand into additional retail channels.
- This package won an Ameristar award.
- Netted a daily savings of roughly $6,000 per day.